Last item for navigation
Work Permits

Open only during school hours from 7:30 AM to 3:00 PM Until the last school day in May of each school year.

Requirements For Child Labor And Street Trade Permits

  • Wisconsin Driver's License/ID, Birth record or baptismal record  (ORIGINALS)-- indicating minor's proof of age, birth records may be obtained from the register of deeds in the county of birth.


  • Letter of Employment -- the employer will provide the minor with a letter of intent to employ including on employer's letter head, with address and Phone number, an employer signature, stating the job duties, hours of work and time of day the minor will be working.


  • Parental Permission-- only the parent or legal guardian may sign the letter of Employment or send along a separate note with his/her signature granting the minor permission to work.


  • Social Security Card -- ( actual ORIGINAL)-- the minor must present his/her Social Security Card to the clerk issuing the permit. Verbal recitation and photocopies of the Social Security number will not be accepted. if you do not have a Social Security Card, go to the local Social Security Office 1561 Dousman St. ( 433-3904 ) and request a letter verifying the minor's name and assigned Social Security number.


  • $10 Permit Fee -- the Employer is required by state statute to pay the permit fee. If the minor advances the fee, the employer shall reimburse the minor no later than on the first paycheck.


  • Minor's signature -- only the minor can sign the child Labor Permit. Therefore, the minor must present himself/herself to the clerk at issuance.


  • Minor must have good  school attendance  and good grades-- to be issuing a working permit. 35 absents will revoke student's working permit.  


  • Work Permit can only be issue on Student's study hall or lunch hours only. Students can't be pull out of his/her class time to be issuing a work permit.
  • Please make an appointment to issue a work permit. Call 391-2400 Ext. 41602 or email [email protected] .

  • Students 16 years old and over doesn't  need a work permit to work as of 2017-2018 School Year.




Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2022 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.